Sunday, August 29, 2010

These bags

So I have been tempted to buy these weekender bags for ages but can't seem to build up the courage to buy them. You see I think people in general will find them too pricey and now I'm thinking of just treating myself to one. I'm leaning towards bag no 3...what do you think?

The bags are Fair traded made out of Ralli or Kantha quilts. Kantha is the name of the method that these lovely quilts from West Bengal, India are done in. Women in Bengal typically use old saris and cloth and layer them with Kantha stitch to make a light blanket or throw or beadspread. The women who make the quilts - that are turned into these lovely bags - work in a Fair Trade cooperative through which the members earn an income to support their families. A great initiative and buying a bag not only lets you own the most beautiful bag but help support a good cause. Just take a look aren't they beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment