Sunday, May 2, 2010

A parent of the world...FINALLY!

Ok so I have a confession to make. I've said for years that I had to donate to Unicef and become a "World parent" or Världsförälder as it's called in Swedish and I'm ashamed to say that it has taken this long. I guess a great contributor to me joining this year is that I have a child of my own and every picture of a child or scene shown from Haiti, Cambodja, Zimbabwe or wherever.... has this tendency to crawl under my skin and all I can think is "that could be my daugher". I found these pics via Unicef website and I just thought the contrast between the first four pics and the photo of my daughter says a lot. Haven't made a difference yet? It's never too late...

The nail is painted to show that this particular child has received it's vacination. With millions of children getting vacinated per week it's hard to keep track.

No comments:

Post a Comment