Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A celebration of many good things...

I took a little trip with my dad the other day and walking along the streets of Helsingör (Denmark) - minding my own business - this chair started to talk to me! It's crazy I know! It kept whispering "buy me, love me, you know you want me", and before I knew it, this other chair (they must have been related) started pleading as well (well there wasn't much begging goin' on as I'm pretty easy) "pleeease buy us both"...."we'll make your house look pretty"..."I know there's a bump or two, even some tears but we're not that expensive and...". Before I could tell them both to "shut up....I'm poor, let's talk after payday", there I was in the store talking to the sweet man owning the shop, asking for a good price if I buy them both and voilá! here they are in our dining room all pretty and happy and beautiful....

So in the evening we celebrated...well not that I bought the chairs (if we celebrated with Champagne every time I bought a chair I'd by one at least every week!) No we had some other stuff to celebrate. And when I saw the bouquet (that my hubbie bought for me...he does have impeccable taste in flowers...knows all of their names too?? what's that all about??) the Champagne and my exquisite chairs I was inspired to share them all with you. So here they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment